Tuesday 30 September 2008

A book party

Apologies for neglecting my blog over the past month. I have been away. On my return I went to a party to give a send-off to the Economist Book of Obituaries, published by Profile. It had a rather old-fashioned atmosphere about it. These days publishers tend not to have send-off parties, or if they do they are usually modest ones. They cost money and may not result in much in the way of sales. But this one was pleasantly lavish with champagne and high-class food. I did my best to play author (I am the joint editor of the book), signed copies and made a little speech. Have you published anything else? someone graciously asked. Well, I have, ten novels. The latest, as noted in earlier posts, is Beyond Reason (Solidus). Why not buy them both, the quick and the dead?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home